Today is FRIDAY and we, at Bubbly on a Budget, have made it through another work week. After all the vacations are over and summer is winding down, it can be harder to get through the weekend. So, we thought we would let you in on how exactly we make it through a week. We both have our pick me up activities and here are a few.
1. Online shopping – Online shopping is perfect. It can be done from the privacy of my home and I can almost always find a good coupon code. Tip: ALWAYS search for a coupon code before buying. And there is nothing better than opening up the mailbox to see a beautiful package waiting.
2. Hitting the gym – I must admit I do not love working out. But, I have never finished a yoga or cycling class thinking, “Boy, I wish I hadn’t done that.” The gym allows me to de-stress and burn a few calories in the process.
3. Time with my fiancé – We love to watch scary movies and this is the perfect little escape during the work week.
4. Grocery shopping – I know this doesn’t sound like a pick me up, but, I really enjoy the quietness to grocery shopping. And I recently have started couponing, and the thrill of money saved really does help me get through the week. This week I spent $62 and saved $66 and I actually scored Deer Park® Brand Sparkling Natural Spring Water, in the lemon and lime flavors, as part of my haul.
5. Reality TV – There is nothing better than hitting up “On Demand,” to catch up on all the shows I have missed. I skip the gym one day, get some healthy snacks lined up, and watch the majority of the shows.
1. Cooking – This is quite easily one of my favorite things to do after work. It’s like a mini DIY project. You have your supplies and you have an end product in mind. I love the process of preparing, cooking, and enjoying my food. It also helps to have a glass of wine while it’s in process 😉
2. Adult Rec League – I play on a co-ed slow pitch softball team every Monday night in the Summer, Spring and Fall. It’s a great group of people and I think a majority of us see it as a stress reliever. I always look forward to those couple of hours of exercise and make sure I’m constantly hustling because frankly, sometimes it just feels good to kick your own ass after a day of sitting at work. And you can’t beat quality time with good people.
3. Movies – I love nothing more than having no responsibilities after work because that allows me to get comfy, sprawl out in bed, and watch a good movie. Whether it’s Netflix, Redbox, or a movie I’ve seen 100x before, it is so relaxing to just vegg out in bed with a good movie to fall asleep to and there’s nothing in this world that makes me happier than getting plenty of sleep!
4. Family and Friends – Spending time with my family is pretty awesome. They are hilarious and fun and pick me up when I’m down. Nothing makes me happier than having my man, my family, and my close friends together just hanging out, it when I feel at peace and the happiest.
5. Healthy Livin’ – Being healthy does amazing things for my body and mind. CRAZY RIGHT? But really, drinking plenty of water, getting sleep, eating right, and exercise does wonders for my attitude. I’m not a huge water person, so I supplement that with Deer Park Sparkling Water; the lime flavor is THE BEST and the carbonation is a necessity for me. Trying to maintain my health goes along with all the other things I love to do throughout the week: cooking my turkey burgers, softball and exercise, and falling asleep to a movie.
What are you pick me ups? What helps you feeling good? We suggest a little Bubbly on a Budget with a little bubbly (champagne or Deer Park Sparking water, your choice).
Sponsored by Deer Park® Brand Sparkling Natural Spring Water. Check out this and other products here.